- Full Time
Barclays Off Campus Drive Hiring Freshers For Junior Developer Position
We at gradjobopenings.com provide free job alerts of freshers job drives. In this website we list on campus job openings for freshers and off campus job openings for freshers and also work from home job openings. This is the best website to apply for off campus drive in India. Visit our website for government job alerts and private job alerts.
Job Title :Junior Developer
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
BUK & BX – All locations
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances These requests will be reviewed and agreed for a period of time i.e., will have a start and end date.
Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
Data engineering developer will help in delivering Core Platform Engineering team’s activities which includes,
1. Change Management – Perform the role of Change Manager on delivery teams ask where the resource must understand the task, properly describe it in the form of a change request and drive it through the process (creation, approval, implementation, testing, closing). Level of seniority needed depends on the quality of inputs.
2. CI/CD development, management – Requires deep understanding of development tools and common principles like gitflow etc.
3. Software Patching (Linux, Java, Oracle, …. ) – This is a quite straight forward task, once setup. It is managed on a web page in user friendly UI. This is mostly about communication with stakeholders and platform team about the schedule. Any issues unfortunately demand very good knowledge of Linux and networking from our side.
4. Firewall opening to enable connectivity between systems
5. Resiliency, Security, Performance, Capacity, Lifecycle – Core Platform Team reviews the application platform from the point of view of these topics and raises any identified issues with the correct person who can help us.
6. Tech debt remediation – Core Platform team is driving the remediation of non-compliance in regard to technology standards that is reported to us by GTIS/GIS from their automated scans.
7. Communication with stakeholders – Taking to end users of the platform to understand what the real issue for them is and help in its timely resolution.
8. Keeping track of the task deadlines and Kanban board – This consists mostly of chasing the “tickets” and team members to respond to resource.
9. Testing/testing automation – Innovate and contribute to this space by taking on necessary tools evaluations and POCs.
10. Creating a knowledge base documentation on the current system setup and processes
11. Documenting Systems Audits information
What we’re looking for:
• As a developer, possess excellent Knowledge of distributed computing architecture, core hadoop component (HDFS, Spark, Yarn, Map-Reduce, HIVE, Impala), AWS services and related technologies.
• Technical Design and development of ETL/Hadoop and Analytics services /components.
• Contribute to end-to-end architecture and process flow.
• Understand Business requirement and publish reusable designs.
• Result oriented approach with ability to provide apt solutions.
• Proficient in performance improvement & fine-tuning of ETL and Hadoop implementations.
• Can work independently with minimum supervision.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Experience/Exposure to SQL, advanced SQL skills.
Skills that will help you in the role :
• Bachelor’s Degree with 0-2 years of experience.
• Hands on experience with at least one programming language (Unix Shell Scripting, Python or C or C++ or JAVA).
• Strong understanding of distributed computing architecture especially Hadoop ecosystem as to how it works and key Hadoop services (e.g. HDFS, Yarn, Map-Reduce, HIVE, Impala, Spark).
• Ability to write SQLs for database queries involving joins, filters and sub-queries
• Understanding of different AWS concepts & services like Availability Zones, Regions, VPC, EC2, S3, Athena etc.
• Strong understanding of various data storage formats (CSV, Delimited files, Parquet, Avro etc.).
• Strong understanding of different components of a Data Warehouse.
• Strong understanding of any one of ETL tools or technologies like Python, Spark, Ab Initio, Informatica, Data Stage etc.
• Strong understanding or experience in automate jobs/workloads using any tool or language (even Unix Cron would do).
• Strong Understanding of Agile Project Delivery and different stages of SDLC
• Strong understanding of NoSQL databases and their applicability.
• Very Good communication and organizational skills.
• Very Good analytical skills.
• Very good listener.
• Ability to raise requests in Web portal based on instructions provided and track it to closure by coordinating activities with different teams
• Ability to produce good presentations using Microsoft tools & technologies
What will you be doing?
• Hands on experience on any ETL tools like Ab Initio, Informatica, Data Stage, Talend would be preferred.
• Familiarity with any data visualization tool like Tableau, QlickView, Python or R is a plus.
• Hands on experience in working with REST APIs.
• Familiarity with Financial service domain.
• Hands on experience in writing reusable code.
• Ability to understand requirements and design software solutions.
• Ability to analyse data and to present the findings to the end users.
• Any certification in AWS, RDBMS, No-SQL, Data Visualization & Reporting tools would be additional advantage
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and
Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose, Values and Mindset
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone’s contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Our Mindset shapes how we take action, living by our Values, driven by our Purpose, always with our customers and clients at the heart of what we do; our Mindset is to Empower, Challenge and Drive.
Trust and support each other to deliver. Make decisions with those closest to the topic. Include diverse perspectives. Celebrate success and learn from failure.
Question whether things can be done better. Use insights based on data to inform decisions. Be curious about how we can adapt and improve. Speak up and be open to alternative viewpoints.
Focus on outcomes. Deliver with pace. Be passionate and ambitious about what we do. Take personal responsibility. Actively build collaborative relationships to get things done.
You must meet the following eligibility criteria:
To apply, upload a copy of your updated resume on Taleo.
#Data Engineering and Analytics