Job Role: Software Engineer – Internal Applications
We are Innovators
We drive innovation to propel business transformation while maintaining operational quality.
We are Accelerators
We accelerate digital solutions to generate cost savings and efficiency gains for enterprise growth and success.
We are Transformers
As customer zero, we transform the customer experience by being our own customer first with agility, quality, and security, we continuously deliver business outcomes for our clients.
What You’ll Do
Apply principles and techniques of engineering, mathematics, and computer science to the design, development, and testing of business software applications. May work as a member of a scrum team across the entire software development lifecycle.
Designs, develops, and improves software applications / platforms. Multi-facet role that may provide the opportunity to work in any part of the development stack across diverse software languages.
Develops software and tools in support of design, infrastructure, and technology platforms, including applications, operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases, cloud-based and Internet-related tools. Scales systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolves systems to improve reliability, supportability, and velocity.
Build high performance, horizontally scalable, low latency service using the latest technologies and handle information at massive scale. Evaluate and leverage new technologies in the product architecture. Participate in a variety of professional development opportunities, network with senior executive leadership team, give back to your local community, and socialize with a community of global technologists.
- Problem solving instincts / abilities
- Passion about technology and building software applications, with object-oriented design, test driven development and Continuous Integration / Delivery
- Ability to work efficiently as part of a collaborative team.
- Ability to work cross-functionally is solving complex problems.
- Proficient in Cloud, Cloud Connector, and Container technologies such as AWS, GCP, Azure, CloudRun, Knative, Kubernetes, and APIs.
- Proficiency of CI/CD tools, security mindset and orchestration/config mgmt/IaC tools such as terraform, ansible, puppet, etc.
- Familiar with business/ERP applications such as Salesforce, Oracle and SAP and integration with other internal applications.
- Grasp of distributed systems and micro services
- Solid programming background in an object-oriented development and Design Patterns
- Understanding of threads, synchronization, locks, concurrent programming, and load balancing
Who You Are
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be fluent in English.
- Comfortable in fast-paced and dynamic environments
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (39 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.