NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leader in transforming, connecting and running technology platforms for self-directed banking, stores and restaurants. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with 38,000 employees globally. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Job Description: Junior Software Engineer
We are seeking a dynamic, self-motivated individual to join our team of software engineers. You will be part of a team responsible for delivering high quality software for ATM Recycler/Deposit devices.
Due to the unique development environment and knowledge required for this role, full training will be given to the successful candidate to acquire the appropriate skill set.
NCR ATM Recycler/Deposit devices contain a Bill Validator module installed with Currency Template software. The Template software verifies the deposited media to determine several characteristics including if it is genuine or counterfeit currency. Key steps in the template software development involve analysis of note image attributes for image authentication, design & implementation of functions to detect/validate image attributes, simulation testing and test on target hardware. The Template software is developed for several different devices using in-house tool sets with the addition of some C++.
The successful candidate will be part of an engineering group with development teams in global locations. As a junior software engineer in the team, you will be responsible for working development projects, investigating & resolving complex problems, and supporting the team to ensure customer commitments and goals are met.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop high quality software with the support of the senior developer/technical team lead to meet customer requirements, within agreed timescales
- Analyse and process data then identify and develop solutions with assistance of senior developer/technical team lead
- Prepare technical documentation
- Participate in template update peer reviews
- Estimate time for template development efforts with assistance of senior developer/technical team lead
- Effective communication with developers, technical team lead & QA
- Work all developments diligently to ensure customer satisfaction targets are achieved
Required skills & experience:
- Minimum Bachelors Level Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Experience in software development, preferably C / C++
- Good methodical problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment composed of peers and cross-functional members
- Have a strong desire for quality
- Have ability to multi-task
The following would be considered an advantage though not essential
- Use/awareness of bug tracking & version control systems
Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR’s commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.